Admissions to be announced
Production of medicinal plants, vegetables, fruits and rare organic species, to be effective producers of raw material for evidence based formulation production both at national and international level.
To enhance health, environment, and economy by advancing and sharing the science of medicinal plant production and use of healthy food.
- To identify potentially profitable crops and researchable solutions, developing high‐value horticultural products and horticultural enterprise, providing programs to assist the Commonwealth in adjusting to the economic and environmental impacts thus enhancing the ecosystem.
- Health and wellness products derived from plants and delivered in the form of drugs, dietary supplements (nutraceuticals), functional foods or cosmetic ingredients.
- Ethno-botanical knowledge and modern research to identify plant compounds that improve human health and well‐being.
- Application of all potential tools to identify pharmacologically active phytochemicals and to study their effects in animals and people.
- Educate horticulture students with knowledge in cutting‐edge research technology for horticulture, and prepare them to be more competitive in their future careers.
- Increase assistantship opportunities through graduate programs to increase PhD enrollment, mentoring student to develop interest in the field.
- Introduction, history, importance and future scope, Definition and divisions of horticulture, Classification of horticultural crops, Plant parts, their modifications and functions, Plant environment; climate (temperature, light, humidity etc.)
- Soil (structure, texture, fertility etc.)
- Visit of nurseries, commercial gardens and public parks.
- Identification and nomenclature of important fruits, vegetables and ornamental plants; Garden tools and their uses,
- Media and its preparation an techniques of propagation.
Curriculum Approved by
Higher Education Commission (HEC)
Intermediate Science (Pre-Medical), A level Biology OR Equivalent Qualification recognize
Entry Test for Admission
- Test for undergraduate program (conduct by University)